Privacy & Terms and Conditions
One Airlie Joint Venture Website Disclaimer
One Airlie Joint Venture makes no representations about the accuracy or suitability of the information or links provided on its web pages. Without limitation, this extends to any market research or commentary contained in this website. The information is provided “as is” without express or implied warranty. Any person viewing these web pages must make their own independent enquiries before relying on any information provided in this website.
Please contact your local One Airlie Joint Venture office to satisfy yourself as to the accuracy or suitability of the information contained within this site.
To the extent permitted by law, One Airlie Joint Venture excludes:
- all warranties whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, relating in any way to this website or your use of this website; and all liability (including for negligence) to you or anyone else in respect of any loss or damage (including special, indirect, or consequential loss or damage such as loss of revenue, unavailability of systems or loss of data) however caused by, arising from or in connection with any use of this website or the information on or accessed through it.
However, to the extent permitted by law, One Airlie Joint Venture’s liability for any breach of that term is limited to supplying the services again.
© One Airlie Joint Venture 2017
This web-site and its contents are subject to copyright under the laws of Australia and, through international treaties, other countries. The Copyright is owned by One Airlie Joint Venture, or in the case of some of the materials, by third parties.
The material on this web-site may be downloaded for personal use only and may not be used for any other purpose without the prior written consent of One Airlie Joint Venture. You must not reproduce, transmit, adapt or otherwise exercise the copyright in the whole or any part of this web-site except with the prior written consent of One Airlie Joint Venture.
TRADE MARK NOTICE
This site includes registered trade marks and trade marks which are otherwise protected by law including but not limited to the One Airlie Joint Venture logo. Unless otherwise indicated they are owned by One Airlie Joint Venture in Australia and may be the subject of rights in other countries. You must not use any of the One Airlie Joint Venture marks or trading names except with the prior written consent of One Airlie Joint Venture.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
This web-site includes links to third party sites. One Airlie Joint Venture is not responsible for the condition or the content of those sites as they are not under the control of One Airlie Joint Venture. Links to third party sites are provided for convenience only and do not indicate any endorsement of the site or the products or services provided at those sites or by the organisations promoting those sites. You access those sites and use the products or services at those sites solely at your own risk.
This web-site (excluding any linked third party sites) is controlled by the One Airlie Joint Venture in Queensland, Australia. By accessing this site, you accept that any disputes about this website or its contents are to be determined by the Courts having jurisdiction in Queensland in accordance with the laws of Queensland.
This web-site may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. One Airlie Joint Venture makes no representation that the content of this web-site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access this site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring compliance with all laws in the place where you are located.
By accessing, browsing or using this website, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to your personal information being collected, held, used and disclosed as set out in this policy.
Collection of Personal Information by Us
Whenever you deal with One Airlie Joint Venture whether as a current or prospective seller, buyer, lessor or lessee or other, we will collect personal information such as your name or contact details in order to provide services to you. We do not collect personal information unless it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of the services we provide or the functions we carry out.
We will not ordinarily ask you to provide sensitive information. There may be circumstances, however, where the information provided by you reveals sensitive information. For example:
- you may require a property with particular features, such as wheelchair ramps. This may reveal health information
- in providing details of your spouse or de facto partner, this may reveal sensitive information regarding your sexual orientation.
We will only collect sensitive information in circumstances where:
- it is reasonably necessary for one or more of the services we provide or the functions we carry out; and
- you consent to the collection of the information.
We will, if it is reasonable or practicable to do so, collect your personal information directly from you. This may happen when you fill out a form or when you give us personal information in person, or via telephone, email, correspondence or through our website.
Sometimes we will collect personal information from a third party or a publicly available source. For example, we may need to collect personal information from a credit reporting agency, your legal adviser, your past or current employers, your previous lessors or property managers, and tenancy information services or databases.
If we receive personal information that we did not obtain, we will determine as soon as possible whether we could have lawfully collected that information as part of our functions or activities. If we are not satisfied that we could have lawfully collected the information, then we will (if it is lawful and reasonable) destroy the information or ensure that it is de-identified.
You may choose to deal with us anonymously or under a pseudonym where lawful and practical. Where anonymity or use of a pseudonym will render us unable to provide the relevant service or do business, we may request that you identify yourself.
For example, whenever documents are to be submitted to government agencies or financial institutions, it is essential that we record your name accurately.
To access the features of the One Airlie Joint Venture website you may be required to submit information to us. This information will be transmitted to us via email which may be intercepted by a 3rd party. In addition, some contact details are stored in an online database.
The submission of information to us is optional, however if you do not provide it we may not be able to address your query or provide the service you are after. If you do provide your personal information however you are deemed to have consented to the use and disclosure of that information as set out in this policy.
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold includes information like your name, contact details, street address, telephone number, age and gender and email address.
Where you become a franchisee we also collect some information from you to enable an assessment of your suitability as a franchisee. This information may include your financial position, health information or other sensitive and personal details (such as your religious affiliation or ethnic origins (Sensitive Information). We will not disclosure this Sensitive Information to any other third party.
How we collect your Personal Information
We collect your information in various ways, including when you:
- visit any of our websites;
- visit any of our franchised operations;
- make an enquiry online;
- participate or enter into any surveys, promotions and competitions;
- participate in or follow our social media pages or profiles;
- participate in any focus groups or other market research activities;
- request information regarding any of our franchise systems;
- liaise with our representatives or otherwise participate in any franchise recruitment process;
- register for use on any platform operated by or on behalf of us.
Where able, we will collect your personal information from you directly. There may however be occasions when your information is collected through someone else (for example our franchisees). Where this occurs, we will take reasonable steps to inform you of this and will otherwise collect, hold, use and disclosure that information in accordance with this policy.
How your Personal Information will be used
We will use your information for the primary purpose on which it was provided to us, any other related purpose and as permitted or required by law.
If you provide us with information, we may e-mail, SMS, phone or contact you via social media or other mediums to communicate with you or update you about our products and services. You will need to request this information either by ticking an opt-in box requesting the information, or implying you want the information by the type of request you make and method in which you supply the information. If you do not wish to remain a subscriber to this notification service or otherwise receive updates on our products and services, you are able to remove your details from our announcements database by contacting us or choosing the opt out option available to you.
Exchange of Information with Third Parties
Personal information we collect from you may be disclosed:
- to any governmental or semi-governmental office or organisation; to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you;
- to our business associates and related entities;
- to third party organisations for purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected;
- to product and or service suppliers and or distributors;
- to our professional advisors, third parties and contractors (for example IT consultants and mailing houses);
- to our agents, affiliates or service providers who act for or on our behalf in connection with any of the franchise systems;
- with your consent, to others; or;
- where required or authorised by law or regulation to do so.
We may also obtain personal and other information from some or all of the above to enable us to provide our services or products to you. When we obtain personal and other information from third parties whom we are referred to by you, you consent to the collection and disclosure of such information and you will ensure that you have made that third party aware of the referral of the persons and purposes involved in the collection, use and disclosure of the relevant personal or other information. Your information is not likely to be disclosed to overseas recipients.
Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents or electronically. One Airlie Joint Venture is committed to keeping your personal information secure and safe. Some of the ways we do this are:
- requiring employees and contractors to enter into confidentiality agreements;
- using secure hard copy document storage (e.g. storing hard copy documents in locked filing cabinets);
- implementing security measures for access to our computer systems;
- providing a discreet environment for confidential discussions;
- access control for our buildings;
- having security measures in place for our websites (see the Your Privacy on the Internet section for more information); and
- securing (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
We will review and update our security measures from time to time. In addition, we will review the personal and sensitive information held by us from time to time, ensuring that information which is no longer required for the purpose for which it was initially collected is destroyed or de-identified.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information by Us for a Secondary Purpose
If we use or disclose your personal information for a purpose (the “secondary purpose”) other the main reason for which it was originally collected (the “primary purpose”), to the extent required by law, we will ensure that:
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection (and directly related in the case of sensitive information), and you would reasonably expect that we would use or disclose your information in that way; or
- you have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose; or
- the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law; or
- the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted by law (for example, as a necessary part of an investigation of suspected unlawful activity).
Site Visit Information
When you visit our website, we and/or our contractors collect general information about your visit which may include your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you accessed, the information you downloaded and the type of Internet browser you used.
We and/or our contractors may use this information in anonymous, aggregated form, for statistical purposes only, to assist us in improving the quality and usability of our website.
A cookie is a small string of information that a website transfers to your browser for identification purposes. The cookies we and/or our contractors use may identify individual users.
Cookies can either be “persistent” or “session” based. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer, contain an expiration date, and are mainly for the user’s convenience. Session cookies are short-lived and are held on your browser’s memory only for the duration of your session, they are used only during a browsing session, and expire when you quit your browser.
Most Internet browsers can be set to accept or reject cookies. If you do not want to accept cookies, you can adjust your Internet browser to reject cookies or to notify you when they are being used. However, rejecting cookies will limit the functionality of our website and may cause some features to cause errors. Our cookies do not contain viruses or ””hack”” into other parts of your computer to obtain hidden personal information.
For your convenience, our Web site may contain links to other sites. One Airlie Joint Venture is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
If you do not wish to receive any information from One Airlie Joint Venture Pty Ltd please contact One Airlie Joint Venture on 1300 849 016 or email email@example.com.
Access and Correction of Your Personal Information
You can ask to obtain access to your personal information that we and/or our contractors hold, although under some circumstances permitted by law, we may not provide such information to you. Also, we may not be able to require our contractors to provide personal information to you.
We may ask you to put your request in writing and pay a reasonable fee levied by us for this. It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. If you are aware that this is not case and would like your personal information corrected, or simply desire access to your personal information, please contact us. If we decide not to correct or provide you with access to your personal information, we will give you our reasons for our decision.
You will need to verify your identity before access to your personal information is granted.
Under the Act, we may refuse to grant access to personal information if:
- we believe that granting access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety;
- granting access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals;
- denial of access is required or authorised by law or by a Court or Tribunal order; giving access would be unlawful;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- legal proceedings are under-way or anticipated and the information would not be accessible by way of the discovery process in those proceedings; giving access would reveal our intentions in
- relation to negotiations between us and you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations; giving access is likely to prejudice enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an
- enforcement body; giving access is likely to prejudice action being taken or to be taken with respect to suspected unlawful activity or serious misconduct relating to our functions or activities;
- giving access would reveal information in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process.
Disclosure of Personal Information
If you are visiting One Airlie Joint Venture from a location outside of Australia, your connection will be through and to servers located in Australia. All information you provide will be processed and maintained on our Web server and internal systems located within Australia. Selected portions of this information may be transferred to distributors.
You should be aware that we may disclose specific information about you if necessary to do so by law or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law or is necessary to protect the users of our Web site, the site or the public.
One Airlie Joint Venture does not sell, rent or trade your e-mail address to third parties. We may, however, use third parties to help us provide services to you, such as providing you with products and services, processing payments, monitoring site activity, conducting surveys, and administering e-mails, drawings or contests. If personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, e-mail address, telephone number) is provided to any of these third parties, we will require that such information be maintained by them in strictest confidence.
If you have a complaint about the way we have dealt with your personal information, please contact us. We will make all reasonable attempts to respond to your complaints or requests.
If you are unsatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner at:
Phone: 1300 363 992
Questions/Changes in Policy